Registration is required for viewing this field|
Work as an engineer in Electric and Gas Asset Strategy within the Asset Management and Centralized Services organization, utilizing a broad knowledge of business and engineering principles and practices acquired through progressive experience. |
Position is in the Transmission Design and Engineering Department, specifically the underground mechanical engineering group.
Job is to provide support engineering for hydraulic and mechanical design aspects of underground transmission projects. This includes development of specifications and standards for installation of “pipe-type” and xlpe cable systems, e.g. pressurization plants, valve cabinets, thermal dynamic and fluid expulsion calculations, piping design.
• B.S in Engineering or equivalent degree or significant related technical experience
• Applicant must have effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong planning and organizing skills, must be adaptable and be results-oriented.
• Clear and concise writing and verbal communications skills are essential.
• On call 24/7 availability to handle emergency replacement work and assist during system emergency situation.
• Must have a valid drivers license
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• Experience in a field related to the design or installation of piping and/or hydraulic equipment.
• Advanced technical training or P.E license
• Familiarity with utility best practices, IEEE, AEIC, ASME, NESC and NEMA Standards.
• Candidate requires knowledge of company or other industry engineering and design standards.
• Experience in working on underground transmission pipe-type cable pumping plants
• Experience in working on mechanical pressure vessel of mechanical fluid processing equipment.
• Experience in electrical layout, one line control, alarms, auxiliary power, SCADA and metering circuits in order to effectively support projects.
• Experience with electrical substations and switching stations equipment, e.g., transformers, circuit breakers, medium voltage switchgear, regulators, capacitor banks, disconnect switches and associated electrical system for switching and substations and or outside plant electric distribution and/or transmission systems.
This position has full benefits, but has defined employment start and termination dates (in general up to 5 years in duration) with no PSEG separation benefits. Director level approval and waiver required to bid on other PSEG opportunities and not eligible to bid on any new opportunities until the last 12 months of the defined employment assignment.
Note: This is a multi-level growth series position (Grade Level 5 /6) that is posted at the Staff Engineer level. The title, grade level and incentive target assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience, learned through the interview process.