Registration is required for viewing this field|
* Note: Based on education and experience, this opening may be filled at any of these classifications: |
Accountant (Grade 12) = minimum 5 years experience
Sr Accountant (Grade 14) = minimum 6 years experience
Staff Accountant (Grade 16) = minimum 7 years experience
Team member of transmission accounting group co-located with the transmission organization in Gahanna .
1. Prepare and review journal entries and supporting documentation. Journal entry responsibilities will include monthly PJM transmission settlements for the east operating companies.
2. Prepare FERC Form 1 and quarterly reporting for AEP transmission business units and transmission joint ventures.
3. Prepare monthly calculation of the under or over recovery of the Ohio Transmission Cost Recovery Rider. Provide quarterly analysis of regulatory asset or liability to the Public Utility Commission of Ohio.
4. Prepare and review monthly financial statements for certain Transmission joint ventures.
5. Must partner with customers to develop business solutions while focusing on both customer and company requirements.
6. Ensure the correctness and integrity of financial data for internal and external customers.
7. Interpret and apply accounting regulations and pronouncements.
8. Prepare, review and coordinate management reports and various regulatory reports.
9. Comply with applicable Sarbanes Oxley policies and procedures.
10. Participate in special projects as needed.
Work Hours/Travel: 40 hours a week; Periodic overtime is planned and required, primarily during month-end close.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting (or B.S. in Business with a major in Accounting) or BS in Finance
Minimum 5 plus years accounting work experience.
Strong competency in written and oral communication.
Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
Candidates must be motivated, have initiative, and be eager to excel.
Candidates must be able to work as part of a team and possess excellent time management and organization skills.
Familiarity with PeopleSoft journal entry and query strongly preferred.
Special Qualifications :
CPA or progress towards certification is encouraged.