Sr Protection & Control Specialist - PS Job In Abilene Texas
This job is not available anymore, please, use Job Search to find fresh jobs or try Similar Jobs to this one below
Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: ||
Registration is required for viewing this field|
| Category: ||
| Job Type: ||
| State/Province: ||
| City: ||
Installs, maintains, and repairs protection and control equipment at Lone Star and NextEra Energy substations and Power Plants. Equipment includes instrument transformers, protective relays, remote terminal units, and communications equipment. Responsible for compliance documentation for equipment testing and maintenance. |
Field office will be located in Abilene; stations are located in Albany, Gorman and Iredell, Texas
Fully competent engineering technician in all conventional aspects of subject matter or functional area of assignments. Plans and performs work requiring engineering judgment in selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new solutions to problems encountered. Independently performs most assignments with instruction only regarding general expected results. Receives technical guidance only for unusual or complex problems. Coordinates work with other operating or engineering units to facilitate assignment completion. Assists in training less experienced personnel to perform routine tasks.
- Execution of multi-year reliability plans for assigned protection and control equipment based on use of quality tools and techniques.
- Performs root cause evaluation of new failure modes and selection of countermeasures, etc.
- Responds to unplanned transmission system events and performs initial assessments and troubleshooting, and coordination of needed resources to return equipment to service.
- Maintain certification to perform all high voltage switching and clearance activities through internal LoneStar and NextEra training programs
- Coordinates all work with Lone Star Field Operations and Lone Star system control center personnel.
- Plans and schedules relay protection & control engineering efforts associated with assigned projects at Lone Star substations
- Perform engineering/technical calculations, project specifications, reports and related project schedules.
- Plans and performs work requiring technical judgment in selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new solutions to problems encountered.
- Independently performs most assignments with instruction only regarding general expected results.
- Receives technical guidance only for unusual or complex problems.
- Complete job assessments for designed work requests
- Continually create and update engineering process and practices; maintain proper engineering files and records
- Assist in meeting reliability goals for company
- Assemble job packages, routes project estimates, updates record drawings and acts as a technical field representative
- Maintain liaison with other project related NextEra Groups.
- Keeps the Lone Star Field Operations staff and management updated as to status of project(s) with respect to schedule, delays and adverse problems.
Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Available for call out
Available nights/weekends/holidays as required
Available to work extended hours