Registration is required for viewing this field|
This is a multi-level position, with level placement dependent upon the skills and experience of the candidate.|
Provide application and solutions consulting for SAP Finance & Controls (FI/CO) module and associated business applications. Support Book Close Team. Work with other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development, testing and implementation life cycle for assigned SAP functional areas.
While performing this role the candidate will:
• Develop and maintain an in-depth technical and business knowledge to ensure efficient design, programming, testing and implementation of recommended solutions. Maintain currency in designated SAP functional areas including upcoming enhancements and industry trends.
• Provide module and business process specific support and consultation to business and IT management. The support will include mapping of business requirements to application capabilities, identification of gaps and omissions and design / proposal of end-to-end solutions or improvements.
• Provide status updates on assigned work to management and when required act as a Project Manager on small module specific modifications.
• Provide direction and guidance to third party developers ensuring internal quality processes, programs and standards for development efforts are followed through oversight and monitoring.
• Develop, implement, and maintain testing plans for approved modifications and specific functional area.
• Participate in the planning and execution of SAP support pack and version upgrades.
• Provide input to the development and ongoing maintenance of the enterprise-wide IT strategy and five- year business plan for a specific area of IT functionality.
• Participate in data gathering for root cause analysis, including, analyzing past problems or failures; perform basic apparent cause analysis, identifying causes and recommending action plans for simple problems or failures.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and two to five years experience in SAP systems consulting and / or programming, or without a Bachelors degree at least six years experience with SAP systems consulting and/or programming.
Strong critical thinking and ability to understand and resolve complex issues.
• Self-starting with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
• Excellent consultative and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation, with the ability to communicate with all management levels.
• Strong analytical ability and judgment.
• Experience working directly with clients and end users.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• Advanced degree, e.g. Masters of Business Administration, MS in Computer Science or Information Systems.
• Knowledge of SAP FI/CO processes, process dependencies and linkages across Enterprise.
Knowledge of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) and SAP Profitability and Cost Management (PCM) applications.
Experience performing SAP configuration.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
• Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.