GenOn is seeking individuals with Instruments & Controls/Electrical skills to function as a multi-skilled Operator/Technician at its Choctaw County Generating Station Combined Cycle Plant. Selected candidates will be placed in either a single skill position or directly into a multi-skilled position based upon prior experience record.
This position requires the EEI POSS test. Please visit http://www.genon.com/careers/pre-testing.aspx to get more information and review the practice test.
- Relates well with all kinds of people; uses diplomacy and tact. Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must demonstrate respect for all individuals and adhere to the Company's values and business practices. Highly professional ethical standards are expected.
- Reads and understands various Single Line, 3 Line, Electrical, Pneumatic, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and Drawings.
- Reads and follows instructions and procedures, performs work in a neat, timely and safe manner.
- Understands and utilizes appropriate PPE required for specific job functions and tasks.
- Properly and safely uses basic hand and power tools, operates equipment with associated attachments and pre-use inspection requirements (Fork Lift, Man Lift, etc.)
- Completes all Company required safety training and site specific procedural requirements
- Participates in site safety walk downs, meetings, environmental processes, committees, teams, etc.
- Assists in the development of Job hazard analysis and procedures.
- On call 24/7 - Rotating Shifts and weekends as needed.
- Must be proactive in adding value to plant function and processes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or assignments.
- Utilizes internet/intranet to research parts and information (Company use only
- Ability to learn and understand DCS, Turbine Control, PLC, other Control Systems and serial communications systems, including fiber optics
- Remove / install / calibrate / troubleshoot various Transmitters, Transducers, Meters, Relays, Switches, Instruments, Systems, Devices, etc.
- Safe and Proper use of Multi-Meters and Signal Sourcing devices, Deadweight Testers, Oscilloscope, Line and Wire Tracers, Megger, and other calibrators/devices, etc..
- Knowledge of High Voltage Protective devices - Working knowledge of voltages up to 500KV
- Troubleshooting Electrical Problems - Switch Gear, Control Panels, Transformers, Relays, Motor Starters, Breakers, Control Wiring, etc.
- UPS Systems - Battery, charger systems, system troubleshooting, etc.
- Pneumatic and motor operated valve & actuator testing, rebuilding / repairing, etc
- Ability to utilize Emerson Ovation and GE MKVI control systems, all necessary test equipment, predictive technologies and communication skills to diagnose and resolve plant and system level problems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Four (4) years of power plant experience or equivalent environment.
- Two (2) years of combustion turbine experience or equivalent skills preferred.
- Completion of applicable training program
- Instrument & Controls: two years formal training in electronics, instrumentation, engineering or a related technical discipline; Four years industrial experience or two years military experience may be substituted for formal training.
- Expected ability to complete Operator / Maintenance Training Program specific to Choctaw County facility as yet defined.
- Computer Literate - Use of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of English and use of proper grammar.
- Knowledge of electrical power plant operations/principles
- Knowledge base/experience in electrical, instrumentation and mechanical maintenance is preferred.
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- Power plant environment.
- Out of doors, working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures and in all climate conditions.
- Requires operation of a motor vehicle, valid Driver's License required.
- Around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment, natural gas, and high noise areas.
- Confined spaces; some could require the use of respirator protective equipment.
- Performance of duties requires working rotating shifts, overtime and response to call-outs 24 hours/day, seven days/week.
- Contact lenses are not permitted except for specific medical reasons.
- PPE required; hardhat, safety glasses, safety-toed shoes are a minimum; other PPE such as flash suits, harnesses, shields, goggles, aprons, etc. are required as needed to safely perform duties
- Must adhere to Company dress code.
- Physical activities include but are not limited to: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of fingers, grasping, and hearing.
- Must be able to exert in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders to heights of 40' or more
- Must be physically able to occasionally lift or move heavy objects, sometimes in excess of 100 pounds.
- Must be physically able to move full drums and gas bottles using only your personnel physical resources and supplied equipment.
GenOn is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Employees are subject to periodic random drug testing and post-accident/for cause drug and alcohol testing.
GenOn Energy is an EOE