Registration is required for viewing this field|
Summary: Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, the VP of Regulatory Compliance is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the company's regulatory compliance program. The VP of Compliance will be required to frequently interface and manage relationships with the Sr. leadership team, operations management, regulatory agencies representatives/auditors, transmission operators, counterparties, legal counsel, etc.|
• Ongoing oversight and monitoring of the regulatory compliance program; define responsibilities for staff assigned to the program and respective departments and all other activities defined in the program charter.
• Establish a formal compliance program that incorporates legal/operational requirements, jointly develop management implementation plans for the requirements, establish a monitoring function to evaluate program effectiveness and translate the expectations of regulators to the relevant internal business operations.
• Develop a formal communication plan related to the program awareness, including updates to regulatory changes, annual certification process, and employee on boarding training program
• Develop key indicators dashboard for program effectiveness and risk mitigation efforts.
• Develop a training curriculum to educate employees on their responsibilities under various regulatory requirements.
• Establish a comprehensive centralized knowledge base of company requirements, policies and processes related to compliance.
• Develop and implement controls, policies and procedures for the prevention and detection of violations of applicable laws, regulations and company standards.
• Establish collaborative working relationships with senior leadership, commercial operations and other constituents within the company.
• Develop and deploy standardized management reporting and tracking tools for operations management, Sr. Management and the Board on the compliance program's effectiveness and key risk indicators.
• Establish and lead a structured approach with affected company departments to interact with regulators to maintain understanding of regulatory trends and changes in requirements and proactively enhance the compliance program.
• Participate and communicate jointly with management the company's position within professional and industry forums to contribute to industry thought leadership and apply leading practices to the companies' compliance program as appropriate.
• Develop and lead a high performing compliance team including a program to develop and deploy best practices.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required; an engineering, regulatory or legal background preferred.
Experience: Ten plus years of managerial/supervisory experience is preferred within a compliance related functions. Experience in the energy or other commodity driven businesses is preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience of structured power markets including ERCOT, CAISO, PJM, NPCC,SERC, FRCC, SPP and MISO
• Experience with Natural Gas market and relevant FERC rules
• Experience in developing compliance programs