Risk Analyst II Job In Houston Texas
This job is not available anymore, please, use Job Search to find fresh jobs or try Similar Jobs to this one below
Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: ||
Registration is required for viewing this field|
| Category: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| State/Province: ||
| City: ||
Support NRG's Northeast retail electricity business by providing timely and accurate position reports, developing analytical tools to monitor key retail risks and proactively researching wholesale and retail market trends. Coordinate with other groups within the organization (Marketing, Supply, Finance and Operations) to assist with the development of financial reports for NRG Senior Management. The role requires the expertise needed to measure the risks of complex, non-standard financial instruments, plus knowledge of the systems used to measure the risk of a diverse retail portfolio.
- Analyze retail data to assess current and potential future volumetric and financial risks
- Create, produce, review and publish regular as well as ad hoc retail position and financial reports
- Provide the commercial and marketing teams with market analysis of key components of retail transactions
- Identify the financial and operational risks of new retail products; develop processes and reports to track and monitor these risks; ensure proper data capture of new products in the retail risk systems
- Collaborate with the Commercial, Legal, IT, and Operations teams to evaluate non-standard transactions in a timely manner
- Assist with the development of new retail risk systems or the expansion of existing systems into new markets or businesses.
- Ensure a high degree of data integrity within all risk systems.
NRG Energy, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Bachelor's degree required. Business, economics, finance, or engineering preferred. MBA is a plus.
- At least two years of financial risk management experience is required.
- Working knowledge of financial and physical energy trading markets, particularly electricity markets, is required. Experience in ERCOT and/or PJM Markets is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills required. Able to quickly conceptualize and assimilate data to make decisions and take appropriate action.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- High degree of computer literacy, including experience with Access, VBA, SQL, and Excel.
- Able to plan/manage multiple priorities and committed to meet tight deadlines in a demanding environment and work overtime when required. Works independently through the use of initiative and self-motivation. Works well in a team environment.
- Proficient in effectively communicating to a wide range of audiences in both written and oral form. Strong interpersonal skills.