Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity in either St. Paul, MN, Minneapolis, MN, Fairbault, MN or Eau Claire, WI.
Responsible for Xcel Energy's meter reading, field collections and data acquisition applications to ensure they perform to departmental and business unit goals by analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting business processes and information systems. Manage all performance metric tracking relative to the AMR/AMI Services Agreement related to meter reading service level performance, network performance, meter equipment performance, etc. Determine business needs and analyze process improvement opportunities. Manage all departmental reporting and data analysis processes to include MRAS, ARCS, FCS, CRS, Itron, MDMS, AMR/AMI, Smart Sync, Smart Grid, and future systems. Regular collaboration with all related departments and related systems is required. Facilitate and monitor budget reports and timelines.
- Manage all performance metric tracking relative to the AMR/AMI Services Agreement related to meter reading service level performance, network performance, meter equipment performance, etc. Manage and track response performance of Xcel Energy business units and associated vendors. Manage invoicing process between various Xcel Energy business units and associated vendors to ensure contract terms are met and accurate accounting of revenues and costs is maintained.
- Provide analytical expertise in the development, integration, and application of meter reading and collections systems requirements to ensure accurate reading, measurement and billing of energy data. Contribute to departmental and business unit operational goals by working with management and stakeholders to analyze, design, implement and support business processes and information systems. Includes facilitating discussions to identify, document, validate and analyze business requirements, designing innovative solutions and making recommendations that support departmental goals.
- Manage all reporting and analytical processes for daily, weekly and monthly operations and compliance. Compile, compare and analyze meter reading, collections, data acquisition and customer information reports. Determine trends and troubleshoot for potential problems and errors. Maintain data integrity through verification processes. Manage collection and data acquisition systems to ensure all data is acquired and transmitted on time. Use all related systems including MRAS, ARCS, FCS, CRS, Itron, MDMS, AMR/AMI, Smart Sync, Smart Grid, etc. Provide necessary documentation to maintain Sox and internal auditing requirements.
- Provide business requirements, business feedback, and direction for the development, deployment and support of existing and new processes and technologies that optimize revenue cycle goals. Build effective working relationships with stakeholders to understand and meet informational needs. Interact with management, and other stakeholders through verbal or written communication. Prepare and present presentations to management, customers, and other stakeholders in a variety of settings.
- Facilitate and monitor budget reports and timelines. Gather data from areas and assure timeliness and accuracy of budget information and reporting. Provide periodic updates and reports on budget performance. Respond to inquiries and requests for budget information and assist with analysis. May assist with reporting and analysis of employee non-productive time-off.
- Other duties as assigned.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- High school diploma required;
- 2 years of college desired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of combined related work experience with field credit/collections, billing, meter reading and customer care operations.
- Minimum of 2 years of lead or senior experience within customer service, meter reading or related area, with progressive experience leading projects and/or employees.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office software and analytical software required.
- Strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proven communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally.